Did you know that 60% of Australian Families with dependants will run out of money within 12 months if the main income earner dies?
Also, one in three Australians could be disabled for more than three months before turning 65.
Statistically, before the age of 70:
– 21% of men, 20% of women – Will be diagnosed with cancer
– 12% of men, 4% of women – Will have a heart attack
– 4% of men, 3% of women – Will suffer a stroke
– 15% of men, 14% of women – Will suffer from another critical illness
– 7% of men, 1% of women – Will die from something other than a critical illness
– 41% of men, 58% of women – Will not have suffered a critical Illness
These are sobering facts and they are a reminder that life can often throw in a few curve balls.
No one expects sudden death, accident or illness – but what if something did happen? How would you and your family cope financially?
Insurance is the cornerstone of a comprehensive financial plan and can help to minimise the financial impact of events beyond your control.
If you’re a business owner, you may need to consider a range of other protection strategies.
Martin Le Tessier